GreenTech Ecosystem decrypted
Not easy to to dissect the offers of startups, associations, consulting firms and other ESNs, integrators who are working to accelerate the ecological transition of IT.At Verdikt, to better understand the market players and their scope, we engaged in an analysis exercise and decided to share with you this decryption of the greentech ecosystem to help you target quickly and fairly!
Remember that there is to date no standard on the methodology of IT carbon footprint and various approaches exist and sometimes coexist. The actors involved most often comply with the government studies and publications (Adéme), academic (CNRS), associative (Shift) or international organizations (European Commision) or even proposed proprietary ad-hoc analyses (ESN, clouders, startups)
And yet time is running out…
Our analysis only concerns B2B solutions, mostly developed by start-ups under 5 years old. They fall into two main categories and are presented in a top-down approach:
- general cross-functional carbon footprint solutions that focus exclusively on CO2 emissions related to all of the company’s activities In fact, they carry out a macro assessment of IT’ contributions. We find in this category start-ups like Aktio, Greenly, Sami, Sweep.
- specialized verticalized carbon footprint solutions on an IT domain/service that focus mainly on CO2 emissions related to a given use case. In fact, they carry out a detailed analysis of the contribution of the IT components involved, without first allowing a global understanding of the issues, key figures and the global approach to be carried out. We find in this category startups/companies such as Aguarro, Rzilient (workplace), EasyVirt (infra servers), Greenspector (IT services), Fruggr (web apps), GreenMetrics (web apps, workplace).
It is not a carbon footprint solution transversal to the company.Nor it is a verticalized carbon footprint solution on an IT domain/service,Verdikt develops the 1st Corporate Digital Responsibility platform.Okay, but you just want to start by doing the carbon footprint of your IT department to have a measure of your digital pollution.
It’s quite possible! And you can even go even further afterwards if you wish!
Indeed, Verdikt also allows a CIO to contribute to the CSR strategy of his company, to act concretely, to communicate his progress and to monitor his performance over time.
It has not escaped your notice that regulations are becoming clearer for large groups and that sustainaible digital technology is or will soon be on your agenda!
So, let’s anticipate together! How?
Using the platform and its features to move at your own pace.
You can choose to:
- Organize the evaluation by defining the scope to be considered (the whole company, a business, a brand, a geography, a site)
- Collect the quality and quantitative data of the IT department on 1 or 2 or 3 pillars fo CSR (planet, people and profit) and according to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Score sustainability indicators and maturity indexes to consolidate CSR performance (in detail and globally)
- Analyze the results via integrated dashboards that identify polluting trucks (IT fields, geographies…….)
- Communicate thanks to the automatic generation of a report detailing the diagnosis made
- Reduce by selecting actions to be taken (from the proposed recommendations) to formalize and launch impact reduction plans
- Manage the progress made over time by regularly reassessing in order to compare histories and also project future trajectories.
Want to get started? Contact us now: email@example.com